60 Day Permit
A 60 Day permit starts from the date of purchase, regardless of when the buyer comes in to get the permit. For example, if the vehicle was purchased on September 1 but the new owner doesn't come in until October, the 60 Day permit will only be good until October 30 since the 60 days actually begins on September 1.
For a 60 Day permit you will need:
- Original title or Electronic Sales Agreement, if the seller has a lien on the vehicle. (If using Electronic Sales Agreement, buyer must have current copy of seller's registration as well.)
- Current proof of Insurance for new owner (card must list vehicle information including VIN, policy number and expiration date).
Lost a 60 day permit?
- Report the permit as lost or stolen to the police. Bring a copy of the case number/report in to the office.
- Bring the title or Electronic Sales Agreement plus the registration used to get the original 60 Day tag.
- Bring your insurance card.
- An $8 fee will apply to replace the permit. The 60 days will begin from the date of purchase.