Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Barton County

Front Page


Ajax Loading Image


Newly Adopted Barton County Zoning Regulations allows for "Event Centers" under a Conditional Use Permit

At the June 3, 2019 Barton County Commission Meeting the addition of "Event Centers" in the rural areas of the county under Barton County's jurisdiction was adopted in every zoning district as a Conditional Use.

This means that if you would like to convert an existing structure to be used as an Event Center - or you would like to build a new structure to be used as an Event Center you must first apply for and be approved under a Conditional Use Permit, then obtain a building permit if applicable and water and wastewater permits if applicable.

The Conditional Use Permit Application can be found HERE and the Zoning Regulations can be found HERE.

Please contact Judy Goreham, Barton County Zoning Administrator with questions.

Judy Goreham

Environmental Manager /  Zoning Administrator

Barton County Environmental Management Division

1910 18th Street

Great Bend, KS  67530

Office 620-796-4300

County Cell 620-792-9905

Fax 620-796-2282