Family Planning and Birth Control
- All females of childbearing age are assisted in making informed decisions about if and when to have children.
- Sliding fee scale according to ability to pay.
- Parental consent not necessary for adolescents, confidential services. Everyone who visits our clinics - no matter what their age - can be assured that the information about their visit is confidential. We cannot discuss any information about any client without the client giving us permission to do so.
- An exception to privacy of information occurs when criminal behavior is discovered by staff during the normal course of providing services. Health Department staff are mandated to report if they have “Reason to suspect that a child has been harmed as a result of physical, mental or emotional abuse or neglect or sexual abuse”.
- Spanish speaking staff available most hours.
· Annual physical exams and pap test by a physician or a nurse practitioner
· Pregnancy testing
· Counseling in contraceptive methods, includes oral and injected contraceptives, and condoms
· Contraceptive supplies -- birth control pills, Depo Provera shots, condoms
· Counseling and referral for infertility and problem pregnancy
· Health information and education
· School and community education programs
· Appropriate referrals