Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Main Navigation



Ajax Loading Image


Signs and Road Painting

Barton County Road and Bridge is responsible for the installation and maintenance of 8,700 signs in the county.  Barton County has recently updated all 911 signs and is in the process of updating all other traffic signs. To report damaged or missing signs call the Office at (620)793-1816.  Road and Bridge periodically paints all roads that it has performed asphalt maintenance or overlay.


Inserted Image

Road & Bridge produces hundreds of signs in the shop for use.

Inserted Image

The County is required to produce a variety of signs to meet Federal and State requirements.

Inserted Image

Each year hundreds of traffic control signs are vandalized and stolen.  In 2012 the cost to the county for stop signs alone was in excess of $50,000.00.

































  • RSS Icon
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon

Barton County1400 Main Street, Room 107Great Bend, KS  67530

p: 620.793.1800Questions/Contact

Sign up for the News Update.

Back To Top