Join this 7-week workshop where you’ll learn
exercises and strategies to help prevent you from falling.
What is Stepping On?
Stepping On is a program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people.
It consists of a workshop that meets for two hours a week for seven weeks. Workshops are led by a health professional and a peer leader – someone who, just like you, is concerned about falls. In addition, local guest experts provide information on exercise, vision, safety, and medications.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medications can contribute to falls
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home
The Workshop Will Feature These Guest Speakers:
Physical Therapist :Focusing on balance and strengthening exercises
Pharmacist: Focusing on medications and how they increase fall risks
And May Feature One of These Speakers:
Vision Expert ♦ Community Safety Expert ♦
Footwear Specialist ♦ Home Safety Device Specialist
Why Should I be Concerned about Falling?
Falling is very common - it can result in injury and can shake your confidence. The threat of falling can be a barrier to safely doing all the things you want to do at home and in the community. That’s why preventing falls is critical to maintaining independence.
Did you know?
- More than one-third of people age 65 or older fall each year
- Falls are the leading cause of injury and hospitalization for trauma and death among older adults
- 35% of people who fall become less active
- 40% of people who enter a nursing home had a fall in the prior 30 days.
For a printable brochure with all the information about this Stepping On workshop click on the quick link in the right hand column or call us and we'll mail a brochure to you right away!
To Register For The Workshop
Or Any Questions Call:
Ask for Karen or Shannon
Workshop Size Is Limited
NEXT SCHEDULED WORKSHOP
March 14, 2017 thru
April 25, 2017
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
$20.00 Workshop Fee
Includes Exercise Weight