Chronic Disease Risk Reduction
Chronic Disease Risk Reduction (CDRR) is a grant funded program that mainly focuses on Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation.
Additional goals include:
- Improving Nutrition and Access to Healthy Foods
- Increasing Physical Activity
Barton County Health Department serves as coordinating agency for CDRR work in Barton, Rice, and Stafford Counties. CDRR Coordinator is Janel Rose, Public Health Educator.
State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2019 Strategies are:
Tobacco Use Prevention & Cessation
- Tobacco Free Policy Projects at Schools
- Tobacco Prevention Education & Cessation Referral
- Kansas Tobacco Quitline Promotion
- Tobacco Free & Smoke Free Policies at places people gather (parks, sports complexes, special events, etc.)
- Tobacco Free Multi-Unit Housing
Quitline Fact Sheet
Kansas Indoor Clean Air Act
The Kansas Tobacco Quitline www.KSquit.org or
1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669) provides:
- FREE one-on-one coaching to help tobacco users quit.
- Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week online or by phone.
- Trained Quit Coaches
- Support to create an individual plan to quit tobacco and fight cravings.
This FREE service is available to Kansans who are ready to quit any form of tobacco. The Quitline is provided through a partnership between the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and Alere Wellbeing.
Improving Nutrition & Access to Healthy Foods
- Farm and Food Alliance (Policies, Systems, and Environmental Changes)--Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program, Commodity Supplemental Foods Program for Seniors, Food 4 Kids
Increasing Physical Activity
- Master Bike and Pedestrian Plan Development and Implementation in Barton and Rice Counties
- Bike Routes and Safety Signage in Stafford County
Central Kansas Partnership Prevention coalition of parents, professionals and concerned citizens from Barton, Pawnee, Rice, Stafford, and Rush Counties.
Central Kansas Partnership Task Forces:
- CDRR Tobacco Action Team
- Be Well Barton County
- Central Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition
- Suicide Prevention Task Force
- Alcohol Prevention Task Force
- Community Leadership on Emerging Issues --- Human Trafficking and Poverty
See Prevention section for more details.