Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Barton County

Emergency Management


Ajax Loading Image


SARA Title III and Tier II Reporting

On or before March 1 of every year, facilities must comply with reporting requirements as specified in the code of Federal Regulations (40 CFR Part 370).

An owner or operator of a facility must maintain a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for any hazardous chemical as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Hazard Communication Standard, and the quantity is equal to or above the applicable threshold specified in the Final Rule, 40 CFR section 370.10, then the owner or operator of the facility must comply with the reporting requirements.

The State of Kansas requires this data be reported using the Tier II Chemical Inventory Reports. These reports can now be filed online directly to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE).  Click on the KDHE Quick Link.

In addition, facilities meeting this reporting requirement are required to file Tier II Chemical Inventory Reports with the Barton County LEPC and the fire department with jurisdiction over the facility.  

Electronic copies of Tier II Chemical Inventory Reports may be submitted to the LEPC here:  

      Barton County LEPC Tier II Report Submission


Tier II printed/paper reports for the Barton County LEPC should be mailed to:

                 Barton County LEPC
                 1400 Main St., Room 102
                Great Bend, KS  67530

For information on fire districts and addresses of fire departments within Barton County, review the documents below.  

Additional questions may be directed to the Barton County LEPC at 620-793-1919.


Barton County Fire Districts   Map of Barton County Fire Departments or Districts

Fire Districts by Legal Description   Barton County Fire Districts by Legal Description 

Barton County Fire Departments/Fire Districts    Fire Department Addresses