May 8, 2020 5pm
COMMUNITY TESTING NOW AVAILABLE
IN BARTON COUNTY
In conjunction with Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), The Barton County Health Department (BCHD) will be providing community COVID-19 testing for Barton County residents beginning Tuesday, May 12, 2020.
The testing will be hosted by BCHD at the direction of KDHE, by appointment only.
• Appointments to be tested may only be made by calling 620-793-1805 on the Monday prior to testing.
• Testing will be performed Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
• Testing will be conducted under the carport on the North side of the Sheriff’s Administrative building located at 1416 Kansas Avenue, Great Bend.
• Only COVID-19 screening questions and specimen collection will be offered. No further assessments will be performed.
• The person to be tested must meet the KDHE definition of a Person Under Investigation to be approved for testing. If the criteria are not met, COVID-19 testing may not be conducted.
• The person to be tested must be symptomatic.
• Only one appointment can be scheduled per caller.
• Expect results 3-4 days after specimen collection. Testing will be performed at Kansas Health Environmental Laboratory.
Testing will be performed by appointment only and will be first come first served. If you are symptomatic and are not able to secure an appointment, please contact your primary care