View Available Bids
Click here to view bid solicitations from Barton County. Interested vendors may print and read full proposals by clicking the bid description and printing the document. If you are having problems viewing this PDF document, please download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader and install the newest free version.
Register Your Business To Receive Notices
Vendors may register their business here to receive email notifications and submit bids electronically, for free.
- When communicating, always refer to the bid number.
- To be considered, one copy of the bid must be properly filled in, signed, and returned to Barton County by the specified closing date. Bids may be submitted using the above online portal, by mail, or by bringing the bid in a sealed, marked envelop to the Barton County Clerk’s Office (1400 Main St. Great Bend, KS). E-mail and late bids can not be considered.
- A bid must be in U. S. Dollars ($ U.S.) excluding Federal Excise/State Sales Taxes.
- All prices and conditions must be shown. Additions or conditions not shown on this bid will not be allowed.
- Bids for comparable merchandise will be considered unless the specifications indicate "no substitution."
- Bidder must specify exceptions to any requirement or specification in the bid.
- A bid must include complete specifications and descriptive literature to facilitate consideration.
Business certification is necessary. By signing the quotation, the business or bidder certifies that:
- I (we) do not have any substantial conflict of interest sufficient to influence the bidding process on this bid. A conflict of interest is one that a reasonable person would think would compromise the open, competitive process.
- Certify that they are an independent contractor and not an employee of Barton County.
- The merchandise quoted meets or exceeds the specifications and requirements described herein.
- The merchandise quoted is made in compliance with Kansas Act Against Discrimination, K.S.A. 44-1030, et seq.
There are two submission options for formal procurement methods.
- Vendors may receive electronic notifications and submit bids/proposals electronically through Vendor Registry, a link found under the Procurement tab at www.bartoncounty.org.
- Bids/proposals may also be submitted via mail or courier in a sealed and marked envelope to Barton County Clerk, 1400 Main Street, Room 202, Great Bend, KS 67530.
Barton County will not consider any bids/proposals not prepared and not submitted in accordance with the provisions hereof and may waive any informalities or reject any and all bids/proposals. Any bids/proposals may be withdrawn prior to the above scheduled time for the opening of bids or authorized postponement thereof. Any bids/proposals received after the time and date specified shall not be considered. Bids/proposals submitted after the closing date and time will be returned unopened. Bids/proposals may not be withdrawn within sixty (60) days after the actual date of the opening thereof.
Opening and Tabulation
Bids/proposals will not be opened until after the published deadline and at the time and place prescribed in the invitation. The bids/proposals must be opened publicly. Electronic bid/proposal submission software does not permit the opening prior to the published deadlines. Mailed bids/proposals will be received and date/time stamped in the County Clerk’s office.
Following the deadline, bids/proposals may be opened by the requesting Department Head, County Administrator, or Board of County Commissioners, and anyone may attend.
The requesting Department Head will furnish tabulation sheets to the County Commissioners. Tabulation sheets will vary depending on the type of expenditure and may include such as information about delivery, installation, project timeline, product features, warranties, etc.
Barton County reserves the right to reject any and all bids/proposals and award in the County's best interests. Barton County will award bids/proposals only to responsible contractors possessing the ability to perform successfully under the terms and conditions of a proposed procurement. In addition, consideration will be given to such matters as contractor integrity, compliance with public policy, record of past performance, delivery, warranty, integration, and financial and technical resources.
Bid results will not be given to individuals over the phone. Bid results are available by a written request only. Please send requests to Barton County Administrative Office.
Barton County cannot enter into contracts with vendors that have been suspended or debarred from participating in contracts supported with federal funds. For contracts over $25,000 supported with federal funds, Barton County will verify that a vendor/contractor is not excluded or disqualified by either:
- Checking SAM (www.sam.gov);
- Collecting a certification from that contractor; or
- Adding a clause or condition to the cover transaction with that contractor.
False or Misleading Statements
In the opinion of Barton County, if a vendor’s bid/proposal contains false or misleading statements or references which do not support the function, attribute, capability, or condition of their company and the products and services outlined in their bid/proposal, their bid/proposal shall be rejected.
Conflicts of Interest
Barton County Department Heads, the County Administrator, the Board of County Commissioners, and vendors shall list any current or potential clients or projects which may be (or cause) a conflict of interest in working for Barton County and describe the possible extent of the conflict.