Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Barton County

Health Department


Ajax Loading Image


Child Health

Screening Tests and Children's Immunizations

Lead and hemoglobin screening, nutritional counseling, and immunizations are provided to children of Barton County.  


Parent or guardian must be present at clinic appointments/immunizations for children under the age of 18 years

and younger.


Clinic services are for children from birth through high school and include:

· Immunizations

· Nutrition Counseling

· Referrals to other services

· WIC Certification--Women, Infants, & Children Program




KanCare is the State of Kansas Medicaid  Program as of January 1, 2013. 

The administration of KanCare within the State of Kansas is carried out by the

Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and the Kansas

Department for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS).


Consumers in KanCare will receive all the same services provided under the 

previous Medicaid delivery system, plus additional services.

Physical health services include doctors appointments and hospital visits,

behavioral health services, dental and vision care, pharmacy, transportation,

and nursing facility care.


To apply by phone or questions for KanCare application

                             call 1-800-792-4884


For assistance in filling out the application and submitting forms, contact

Out-Stationed Eligibility Specialist:

Craig Owen - KDHE Outstation Specialist

Phone  (620) 603-7163

Cell       (785) 307-3461                                                                   

Kansas Department of Health and Environment

Division of Health Care Finance