Join this 7-week workshop where you’ll learn
What is Stepping On?
Stepping On is a program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people.
It consists of a workshop that meets for two hours a week for seven weeks. Workshops are led by a health professional and a peer leader – someone who, just like you, is concerned about falls. In addition, local guest experts provide information on exercise, vision, safety, and medications.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medications can contribute to falls
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home
- More than one-third of people age 65 or older fall each year
- Falls are the leading cause of injury and hospitalization for trauma and death among older adults
- 35% of people who fall become less active
- 40% of people who enter a nursing home had a fall in the prior 30 days.