Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Barton County



Ajax Loading Image


60 Day Permit

A 60 Day permit starts from the date of purchase, regardless of when the buyer comes in to get the permit.  For example, if the vehicle was purchased on September 1 but the new owner doesn't come in until October, the 60 Day permit will only be good until October 30 since the 60 days actually begins on September 1.

For a 60 Day permit you will need:

  • Original title or Electronic Sales Agreement, if the seller has a lien on the vehicle.  (If using Electronic Sales Agreement, buyer must have current copy of seller's registration as well.)
  • Current proof of Insurance for new owner (card must list vehicle information including VIN, policy number and expiration date).

Lost a 60 day permit?

  • Report the permit as lost or stolen to the police.  Bring a copy of the case number/report in to the office.
  • Bring the title or Electronic Sales Agreement plus the registration used to get the original 60 Day tag.
  • Bring your insurance card.
  • An $8 fee will apply to replace the permit.  The 60 days will begin from the date of purchase.